When blogging, you must:
1. Treat others as you would like to be treated – obey the “golden rule”!
2. Keep comments positive and supportive. No insulting, bullying, harassing, or disrespectful comments.
3. Use caps for accentuating a word or two. DON’T TYPE IN ALL CAPS….it is like someone is shouting at you!
4. Be honest and do not pose as someone else online. This can land you in a lot of hot water!
5. Keep the conversation appropriate for education! No inappropriate topics, language or gestures.
6. Research your facts and cite your sources. Boost your credibility and know the facts!
7. Only use your first name when blogging – Remember, anyone can read the Internet. It is important that we do not give away any other information about ourselves.
8. Protect your identity and your own digital footprint. Be responsible when posting on the Internet –Never post any details about where you might live.
9. When commenting and posting, use correct grammar, spelling, and complete, well-crafted sentences. (No text talk!) Do not use any inappropriate language. Please check and proofread your writing before posting.
10. When commenting, be respectful of individual ideas/perspectives/opinions that might differ from your own.
11. Have fun – I have guidelines for blogging, but working online is also fun. Share your thoughts and ideas. I would love to hear what you think. Share congratulations and encouragements.